We have copies of all the Summer Reading Lists books in the Reference Room. Don’t wait too long, they get checked out fast.
Hommocks – All students must read three books, including one nonfiction. The lists below are suggestions compiled by the teachers and Mrs. Cohen, the Librarian.
- 6th Grade – Nonfiction, Fiction and Advantage
- 7th Grade – Nonfiction, Fiction and Advantage
- 8th Grade – Nonfiction, Fiction and Advantage
Mamaroneck High School
- 9th Grade – Every student must read We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart and one other book from either the Nonfiction or the Fiction list. Advantage titles.
- 10th Grade – Every student must read The Glass Castle, by Jeanette Walls and one other book from either the Nonfiction or the Fiction lists. Advantage Titles.
- 11th Grade (except Honors and AP Language) – Every student (except honors and AP) must read Montana 1948 by Larry Watson and one other book from either the Nonfiction or the Fiction lists. Advantage Titles.
- Eleventh Grade Honors must read all three books on this list. There is more than just reading books involved, so you should read the letter sent by your teachers. Keep in mind you may not write in library books, even very lightly and in pencil. Advantage Titles
- AP Language involves more than just reading books, so you must read the letter from your teachers. For your convenience, we’ve made a list containing the books for all the AP English and Senior Electives – Advantage
- 12th Grade – All the books for the various courses are found on the list AP English and Senior Electives – Advantage. We strongly suggest that students read the English Department letter and the letters for the specific courses on the English Department webpage.
-“Advantage” titles can only be accessed by Larchmont Public Library cardholders who sign into Overdrive. They are in addition to the titles purchased by the Westchester Library System. The WLS eBook and eAudiobook collections are included in the “check our catalog” links on the main reading list pages. Additionally, Hommocks and the High School have their own Overdrive collections which much be searched separately.