- Do you want to reduce overdues?
- Do you want to track the books and DVDs all your children have checked out on all their various cards?
- How about a text message alerting you that a hold is available?
- Would you like an email reminder before an item becomes overdue?
Library Elf may be for you!
Elf is a web–based and email tool for library users to keep track of their library borrowings. Elf provides:
- Email and/or RSS alerts before items are due.
- Email and/or RSS alerts on overdues and holds.
- A consolidated list of your and/or your family’s library loans, holds and overdues.
- Cell phone text message alerts for holds (most US carriers).
- Real–time account status via your browser.
How do I get it?
- Go to Library Elf’s website and see if it is right for you. Note: Do not be concerned about references to “Premium Services.” The Westchester Library System has already paid for your premium service.
- Go to http://www.libraryelf.com/base/Libraries.aspx and scroll down, down, down the page until you get to NY. Then click on the “signup” link next to “Westchester Library System.” Following this procedure will make sure you are signed up for the “Premium Service” paid for by the Westchester Library System.
- Follow the rest of the directions.
Library Elf is an independent website and is not affiliated with the Larchmont Public Library or the Westchester Library System.