Problems with holds notifications
Apparently some patrons have not been getting the automated telephone message telling them a hold has arrived. The Library System tells us they are aware of the problem and is working to resolve it. As far as we know, email notifications are unaffected. Still, it can’t hurt to check. Here is what we recommend:
- Log in to the catalog using your 14 digit library card barcode number and your PIN (your PIN is usually the last four digits of your phone number and don’t use any spaces for the barcode number). Click on “My Account” and then “Holds.” If you have something ready for pickup, it will say “available” under “status.”
- You can also call the Reference Desk (834-2281 ext. 3) and have a librarian look it up for you.
- If you need more time to pick up a hold that is already here, call reference and we’ll change the pickup date for you (within reason).
- If your hold was cancelled because you didn’t pick it up in time, we can call the Library System for you and beg them to bump you up the queue. No guarantees though.
- You might also consider switching from telephone notifications to email notifications. Through the Library System, you only have either telephone or email notifications, not both. To switch, call the Circulation Desk at 823-2281 ext. 2. If you want to have all the bases covered, consider retaining telephone notifications and using Library Elf for emails. See the Library Elf page for more details.