REGISTER NOW for the 3rd Annual Scarecrow Festival!
Saturday, October 19 through Saturday, October 26. Register by October 5th. Sponsored by the Friends of the Larchmont Public Library. Ragamuffin Weekend (Rain dates are Saturday, October 26th to Saturday, November 2nd)
Come join the fun! Get into the fall spirit and create a scarecrow! All you need is the clothing and your imagination. All scarecrows will be displayed on the Larchmont Public Library’s lawn the weekend of the Ragamuffin Parade. Vote for your Favorite Scarecrow! Favorites from each category will be displayed in the library!
Registration is open until October 5th. Registration is $5 for Friends of Larchmont Library/$10 for Non-Members. For $20 you will receive a “life-sized” metal scarecrow frame to decorate and keep for next year. Registration fee includes materials to decorate your scarecrow frame.
To register by mail, please click here to print out the registration form.
To register on-line with paypal, please use our form by clicking here.
Scarecrows must arrive at the main entrance to the Larchmont Public Library on Saturday, October 19th (the day of the Ragamuffin Parade) from 9 AM until 11 AM. They must be removed by Saturday, October 26th. The Larchmont Public Library and Friends of Larchmont Public Library are not responsible for scarecrows left overnight and scarecrows that are not picked up. The scarecrows should be decorated to withstand outdoor elements. The Scarecrow Festival is family friendly. The scarecrows should be whimsical, humorous, mischievous or lovable and not frightening. The Friends of Larchmont Public Library reserve the right not to display entries they deem frightening or inappropriate.
- ‘Life-sized’ metal scarecrow frames (details below) are available for only $20
- The scarecrow frames are 6’H x 2’W. All parts are included. Simple assembly is required.
- Due to space restrictions, we can only accept scarecrows made with the frame being sold.
- Scarecrow frames from last year may be used. We cannot allow other frames.
Scarecrow Frame Pick Up and Decorating
- Choose your day (or night) to pick up and decorate your scarecrow frame!
- SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12, 10:00am to 2:00pm in the Michael P. Coords Activity Room. Pick up your frame to dress at home but stay to decorate the head.
- FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18, 7:00pm to 9:00pm in the Village Center. Decorate your whole scarecrow and we’ll post in the morning!
- Burlap bags, fabric markers, felt and other craft supplies will be available for you to use. Bring any special items you may need.
- If you are using a frame from a previous year, please stop by either date to decorate your scarecrow!