We’d hoped this day would never come…
Despite our best efforts, the construction is forcing us to close the Children’s Room all this week and the rest of the Library beginning Thursday the 11th. We will reopen Tuesday the 16th. Click on read more for details about exact closing dates, programs, holds, due dates, etc.
Children’s room is closed Monday, February 8 through Monday February 15. The entire Library will be closed Thursday, February 11 through Monday, February 15. We will reopen for our regular 9am to 6pm hours on Tuesday, February 16. Note that Monday, February 15 is Presidents Day.
Sign up for March programs is automated and will still occur on the 15th.
- Feb. 8 to 10 – Programs will be held in the Village Center.
- Feb. 11 to 15 (when the entire library is closed) – Programs are cancelled.
- Good Fat, Bad Fat is rescheduled to February 29.
- All other Adult programs from February 11 through 15 are cancelled.
- If an item is at the Library waiting for you, we will extend the pick-up date until Tuesday the 16th when we reopen. If that doesn’t work for you call Reference (834-2281 x.3) and we will try to accommodate you. We realize not everyone can make it here Tuesday the 16th. This must be done before we close at 6pm on Wednesday the 10th.
- If you are desperate for something, and it is not already “in transit,” you can change the pickup location to another library. Go to the Catalog. Sign in. Then click on “My Account,” then “Holds,” and finally “edit pickup location(s).” Or you can call Reference (834-2281 x. 3) and we’ll do it for you.
- If you have something due during the time we are closed, don’t panic. We will adjust the computers so everything returned on the 16th will be treated as if it was returned on the 10th.
- If you can’t make it here on the 16th and you can’t renew the item, call Reference at 834-2281 x. 3 and we will try to accommodate you.
- The book drop near the Children’s Room entrance will be open. It will be emptied periodically during the closure, but there is always the chance it may overflow. If that happens, please don’t leave things outside exposed to the elements. Take them home. If you can’t return them on the 16th, tell us what happened before we check them in and we’ll make sure you don’t get charged any overdues.
This is a unique situation. In the course of demolition asbestos tiling was discovered under built in bookshelves, not surprising in a building built during the 1920s. These tiles must be removed carefully and properly. At approximately the same time, the Children’s Room windows are due to be replaced. This project will go much faster if staff and patrons are out of the way. We do not expect any further closings during this project.
We apologize for this disruption.