Now you can make an appointment to come into the Library in order to browse the Children’s Room’s collection. The first session is Tuesday, July 14 but you can reserve a time right away. For now, the hours are from 10 -12pm Tuesday through Friday and 9-11am on Saturdays. Please review our Browsing FAQ before you make an appointment, but here are some highlights:
- Please make every effort to send only one person to browse and to select materials for your family. However, we understand this is not always possible. Before bringing young children with you to select materials, please consider whether the child is capable of social distancing.
- Adult/teen and Children’s Room browsing sessions are at different times and require separate appointments.
Do you check the weather forecast every day? Join meteorologist Zach Krauss in Forecasting Weather & The Weather Industry live on Zoom to find out what goes into creating a weather forecast on Thursday, July 16th at 2pm. Are you a kid who loves to draw? Join Mike Teator to learn how to draw Graphic Novel Art on Monday’s at 3:45pm. Are you a teen that has always wanted to play Dungeons Read more…
Have you missed reading the latest print issue of Architectural Digest or the New Yorker etc.? Our magazine room is closed, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy our great magazine collection. Call 914-834-2281 x3 M-F 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-1pm or email us at email@example.com. We can put an issue aside for you to check out during browsing hours or by using curbside pickup.
Starting July 7, patrons can make an appointment to browse the Adult and Teen sections of the Library. Half hour appointments are available weekday afternoons beginning at 1pm and ending at 3pm. Please read how it works on the Browsing Appointments FAQ. Then go to Things to Do menu above to make your appointment. Some important things to know are:
- One person per appointment.
All Library materials checked out prior to June 1 were renewed through June 30th. As such, we have 5,000 items that are due TODAY, July 1st! It is fitting, therefore, to explain how we are handling returns going forward.
- Although many things are due July 1st, we will continue to check in all materials “fine free” until August 1, 2020.
- All returns should continue to be placed in the marked return bins in front of the Library.
Starting next Monday, June 29, we will stop answering calls at (914) 734-5362. Instead of that number’s limited hours, we will have 9-5 coverage (9-1 on Saturdays) at the old Reference number, 834-2281 x. 3 and the Children’s Room will be answering extension 4. We added these services because we are allowed more staff in the building. We expect to add more services in the very near future. Stay tuned.