Get ready for curbside pickup!
We are getting ready to start curbside pickup. You must make an appointment to pick up your hold. To start, we will have appointments only on weekdays during the day. More on that later. First, there are some things you can do to get ready too.
- Double check your contact information. You can do this by signing in to the online catalog with your 14 digit library card number and your pin. We’ve made a Contact Information FAQ to show you how. Or you can call (914) 734-5362 weekdays between 10am and 4pm and a Reference Librarian will help you. We suggest enabling email notifications. If things change, and we’re pretty sure they will, we can convey that better through the emailed holds notification.
- Check your holds. If there is something you don’t want anymore, please cancel the hold. If you can’t get to the Library on weekdays during the day, suspendyour hold. We will extend curbside days and hours, but we don’t have a set date yet. Change your pickup location to your home library. Initially, holds will only be filled for home library patrons from items at their home library. When interlibrary deliveries resume, that will change. Again, Reference Librarians are happy to help you. Please note: this is a county wide setting, not a restriction set by Larchmont.
- If you think you cannot come to the library because you are vulnerable to the virus, contact Head of Reference Liam Hegarty at firstname.lastname@example.org. He is assessing need and is coordinating with the Friends of the Larchmont Public Library and other community organizations to meet that need.
Some things you should know
- Right now, patrons are not allowed in the building. If you’re excited for curbside pickup, you must place a hold on items you want.
- Everything is subject to change. We’ve never done this before.
- If you miss your appointment, your items will be quarantined for three days and then checked in and released to the next patron. You can place a new hold after the item is checked in.
- Only 50% of our Staff is allowed in the building to facilitate curbside pickup. They cannot answer phones or questions shouted through the window.
- If you need help, email email@example.com or call (914) 734-5362 weekdays between 10am and 4pm and a Reference Librarian will help you. They are still working at home.