It’s time to start bringing the books back!
We know you’re all tired of looking at the same sad pile of long-read Library books and over-watched DVDs and are itching to return them. Well that time is now! Starting Thursday, May 28th there will be book bins outside the Library from 9am-12noon Monday through Friday. Please keep a few things in mind:
- If you don’t see a bin, we are full up for the day. Please try again another time.
- All materials will be checked in fine free through July 1, 2020.
- Please maintain social distancing while returning items.
- Per CDC recommendation materials must isolate for 72 hours before staff can handle them. For this reason, items may stay on your record for up to a week after you return them.
- We have 10,000 items checked out currently and it’s going to take us a while to check them all back in. Please be patient with us! This means we cannot process donations. Any non-Library items in the drop will be immediately discarded.
- We will increase the amount of time/days the bins are out if we can keep up with processing the bins we take in each day.
- If you cannot return your items by July 1, do not worry, we will work with you. Please wait until at least June 15th to contact the Library regarding a further extension of due dates.
- If you have questions, you can email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (914) 734-5362 on weekdays between 10am and 4pm.