Have extra time on your hands? Try making something new. Share your recipes and food photos with us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll post them here! It’s a great time to experiment and test your skills. We can’t wait to see what you whip up! This is Nessa’s funfetti mug cake. Recipes follow…
Funfetti Mug Cake (from Nessa)
Mix in a mug and microwave for 1 minute, 40 seconds.
Shrimp Scampi (from Robby)
1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 lemon, juiced
2 shallots, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
1 pinch kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook linguine in boiling water until nearly tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes in the hot butter and oil until shallots are translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season shrimp with kosher salt and black pepper; add to the skillet and cook until pink, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet and keep warm.
- Pour white wine and lemon juice into skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet, stir 2 tablespoons olive oil into butter mixture, and bring to a simmer. Toss linguine, shrimp, and parsley in the butter mixture until coated; season with salt and black pepper.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Caitlin)
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar. Blend with mixer until smooth.
Add eggs and vanilla. Mix thoroughly on medium speed.
Add baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour until thoroughly blended.
Fold in chocolate chips and nuts with spatula.
Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes.