Resources & Reading Lists to Support Race Discussions with Your Child
Discussion Resources for Parents & Caregivers:
- Jason Reynolds, author of Ghost (and the other Track series books), talks about racism and protests on the “Kojo for Kids” portion of “The Kojo Nnamdi Show”. (Recommended listening for kids 9 & up and their parents)
- Talking About Race resource page from the National Museum of African American History & Culture
- Beyond the Golden Rule: A Parent’s Guide to Preventing and Responding to Prejudice put together by the Southern Poverty Law Center, this digital book is available free online
Recommended Reading Lists:
- Embracerace.org has a number of excellent reading lists that can be found HERE.
- The Anti-Defamation League has a book recommendation page that can be filtered by topic and age group. Many of these books come with discussion guides for teachers (and at home learning).
- Coretta Scott King award wining titles from 1970-present
*Many of these titles are available digitally with your library card using Overdrive & Hoopla*