Seating and workspace now available
Starting on Monday, June 7th, the Library will allow extended, but socially distant, stays in the Main Library for those who wish to sit and work for longer periods of time. This means you can use the library as a quiet place to read, to get some work done, or to just enjoy our air conditioning.
- In order to provide social distance, seating is limited. Please do not move chairs.
- There are no longer time limits, but we have limited spaces so please be considerate.
- Seating is available on all levels of the main library including the Teen area.
- Masks are required at all times while you are in the library.
- The Children’s Department will continue to maintain 30 minute visits until further notice.
- Our public computer terminals are still unavailable as we are waiting for delivery of updated computers from the Westchester Library System.
- Periodicals will be available shortly.
Group study space for Teens will be available in the Village Center behind the Library through the end of the school year. Space is on a first come basis. The Village Center will be open daily when the Library is open with the exception of June 22nd when the Village Center will be used for primary elections.
Both our WiFi and HVAC have been improved recently. The Library Wifi can now accommodate many more users at higher speeds thanks to The Friends of Larchmont Library. Our revamped HVAC system now uses the same enhanced purification system as our local schools.