Service Related Update – March 12
- Holds – Delivery of items between libraries is suspended. That means we can only fill your holds from items in our collection. The announcement by Terry Kirchner, Director of the Westchester Library System, is at the end of this post.
- Programs -The Library is taking every precaution to safeguard the health and welfare of our patrons and staff. Therefore: the Library has decided to cancel all programs effective 3/13 through 3/31.
- The Library will remain open for it’s regularly scheduled hours.
- Non-Library events that are hosted here, such as the upcoming Village elections, are not canceled. Check with the organizer first.
- Museum passes are still available, but museums are closing. We will try to update information as it comes in, but we advise double-checking with the museum itself. We know the Frick, the Children’s Museum of Manhattan and the Jewish Museum are closed. There may be others
Here is the statement from the Director of the Westchester Library System, Terry Kirchner:
Starting Friday, March 13, 2020, libraries in the Westchester Library System will suspend all intralibrary and interlibrary loans for the foreseeable future. As several of our communities are now compromised by COVID-19, and very little is known definitively about how long the virus lives on nonporous surfaces, we believe it is in the best interest of our staff, patrons and the public health of the County to take this step immediately. This means our patrons will no longer be receiving holds from other libraries and our library will no longer be sending our items to others. However, you may still return your items to any library in the Westchester Library System and use your card to check out items at any library. Holds placed during this suspension period will become active when the suspension is lifted. We realize how much our patrons value this service, and will implement it again as soon as is reasonable.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.