Some of Our Museum Passes are Back!
We have good news! Our ever-popular Museum Pass Program is springing back into action after a long hiatus. We know that our patrons have sincerely missed this invaluable resource which is so generously funded each year by the Friends of the Larchmont Public Library. As many museums in our area have started to reopen, and we know you’re eager to get out of the house, please keep in mind that things are running a bit ‘differently’ at the moment. We encourage you to read about new safety measures and protocols at each museum- helpful information which can easily be found on each museum’s website. The museum passes which are currently available through the library are The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, The New York Historical Society, The Bruce Museum, The Stamford Museum & Nature Center, The Jewish Museum and The Children’s Museum of Manhattan.
As for changes in the library’s museum pass procedures, there are a few. Please review our updated Museum Pass FAQ page.
- You will not be able to book a museum pass online from our website. Instead, we ask that you call the Reference desk directly and reserve a pass over the phone with a librarian. Our number is (914) 834-2281, ext. #3. We are answering this phone Monday-Saturday, from 9AM-5PM and on Thursdays from 9AM-8PM.
- With the exception of The Bruce Museum, which requires a reservation to be made over the phone, all of the other museums are using an online service to reserve a time slot. After you call the library, a librarian will email you a link and unique code to be entered through the museum’s website. In other words, you will be making the reservation yourself. The librarian can not make this reservation for you- we are simply here to get you set up and hand you the physical pass.
- Museum passes must be collected in person, at the Reference desk, during library browsing hours Tuesday- Saturday from 1PM-4PM and Thursdays from 1PM-4PM and 5PM-7:30PM.
- Museum passes must returned in person, at the Reference desk, during library browsing hours Tuesday- Saturday from 1PM-4PM and Thursdays from 1PM-4PM and 5PM-7:30PM. They can not be returned in the bins outside of the building on the front lawn.
- Upon their return, museum passes (along with their plastic sleeve) will be fully disinfected by a staff member and placed in a secure binder behind the Reference desk.