There’s Almost Too Much Fun to be had from Home
The Larchmont Library has a lot going on– virtually, of course. For example, there are book club meetings (via Zoom), children’s storytimes (on Facebook) and programs such as Great Courses and Yoga. Yet, we know there are still so many things happening online from other places like the 92nd Street Y and Met Museum. What you will find below is a list of websites and links to some of these virtual activities and events. Take a look (and a click) to discover some of the best fun you can have right from your living room!
- 92nd Street Y is offering live streams of events and concerts. They are also offering some great interviews with filmmakers, dancers and musicians.
- Metropolitan Opera Nightly Met Opera Streams –Wind down at night with an opera performance because why not? For each day of the duration of the Met’s closure, an encore presentation from the company’s Live in HD series will be made available from 7:30 p.m. EDT until 3:30 p.m. the following day.
- Read BookPage Online – Do you miss grabbing a copy of Book Page at the library and scoping out new releases? Not to worry- they have made their magazine available for free online!
- Google Arts and Culture Museum Tours – Google Arts and Culture has teamed up with over 500 museums to provide access to virtual tours and online exhibits of famous museums worldwide.
- National Park Tours Online – Grab the kids and sit down to enjoy a tour of a National Park. This is a very cool service that we highly recommend for some armchair travel!